The Piano Guys Tips, Cheap Tricks & Professional Secrets - Volume 1 DVD
Over 2 Hours of selected segments from the public television series, "The Piano Guy with Scott Houston" including mini-lessons and interviews with musical guests sharing their "Secrets of the Pros."
This DVD includes the following segments:
1. Interpreting Lead Sheets
2. Using the Blues Scale to Improvise
3. "Yesterday" Guest pianist: Dave Powers
4. Using the Root, 5th and 10th as a Left Hand Pattern
5. "As Time Goes By" Guest pianist: Jack Widner
6. Building Chords from Scratch
7. "Amazing Grace" Guest pianists: Arnett Howard, Bradley Sowash
8. Playing the Melody in Octaves
9. Boogie Woogie Guest pianist: Happy Chichester
10. Substituting a Major 7th Chord for a Major Chord
11. "The Rose" Guest pianist: Mary Daniels
12. Interpreting Chord Symbol Extensions
Enjoy learning some of my favorite easy techniques for taking your piano playing to the next level. Have fun watching as my musical guests and I work through some great tunes as we discuss how they interpret the songs to achieve a more professional and polished sound. We also give away plenty of "cheap tricks" along the way! The DVD has chapter markers for each of the individual segments for easy navigation from your DVD player.
The DVD has chapter markers for each of the individual segments for easy navigation from your DVD player.