Play Piano in a Flash 1-on-1 Series DVD Set
*The sale on this product is a final sale. No refunds will be given.
Have you always wanted to play piano but found regular lessons too intimidating? In this DVD set, you'll learn Scott "The Piano Guy" Houston's simple method to get you playing piano like a pro fast!
Includes (7) 1-on-1 DVD's, (1) Intro to chord style approach DVD;& (4 )Piano Guy: Tips, Cheap Tricks & Professional Secrets Vol DVDs for a total of 12 DVDs
- 12-DVD Set perfect for Beginner to Advanced Players
- Fun and Easy-to-Follow Video Instruction
- Start Playing Favorite Popular Songs Right Now
- 22+ Hours of Learning
- Step-by-Step video instruction with Scott, as your teacher by your side
- Play non-classical songs you love (Pop, jazz, worship, country, rock ...)
- Learn quickly using fun and easy techniques
- Make your playing sound more professional
- Tips and tricks to help make each tune your own
- Learn to read lead sheets (sheet music) using the absolute minimum of note reading
- Includes audio tracks so you can play along with a rhythm section-bass and drums
How to get started learning how to play songs you love:
- Watch the best selling pledge special: Play Piano in a Flash to gain an overview of the basic steps needed to enable you to play a favorite song from a lead sheet with two hands.
- Then you are ready for some private lessons from Scott using 7 great DVD’s from The Piano Guy 1-on-1 Series.
These 7 DVDs include links, so you can print the lead sheets (sheet music) and chord charts to the songs using your computer and printer. Learn to play the following songs using Scott Houston's popular 1-on-1 Series:
I Left My Heart in San Francisco, Stardust, 100 Years, Amazing Grace, Autumn Leaves, In a Sentimental Mood, Don't Know Why
Follow Scott as he starts by teaching you the most simplest version of the tune and then chapter by chapter, adds on levels of complexity by sharing his easy techniques that will allow you to play the song and sound like you want to sound—great!
These teaching videos are perfect for beginners and more advanced players alike as they allow learners to spend as little or as much time as needed to get the information in each chapter “underhand” before progressing to the next chapter. All techniques learned can be added to your “piano playing bag of tricks” to be used later with other favorite songs!
You can watch them in any order. We suggest you start with the tunes that you know the best.
3. When you feel comfortable using the basic process of playing a tune using a lead sheet and want more ideas you can incorporate to make your playing sound more professional, watch any of the following in any order:
The Piano Guy: Tips, Cheap Tricks & Professional Secrets Vol. 1-4 – These 4 DVD’s are great because not only do you get awesome tips from Scott, but you can also get to hear from a variety of other talented, professional piano players.
Each volume includes over 2 Hours of selected segments from the public television series, "The Piano Guy with Scott Houston" including mini-lessons and interviews with musical guests sharing their "Secrets of the Pros." These are more appropriate for the intermediate to advanced player.
Vol. 1 includes the following segments: Interpreting Lead Sheets, Using the Blues Scale to Improvise, "Yesterday,” Using the Root, 5th and 10th as a Left Hand Pattern, "As Time Goes By", Building Chords from Scratch, "Amazing Grace" Playing the Melody in Octaves, Boogie Woogie, Substituting a Major 7th Chord for a Major Chord, "The Rose", Interpreting Chord Symbol Extensions
Vol. 2 includes the following segments: Playing Kid Tunes, The Blues, Rolling Chords, "Moon River", Walking Bass Lines with the Left Hand, Rockabilly, Playing the Root then the Chord with the Left Hand, "Bye Bye Blackbird", Endings, "The Christmas Song", Using Chord Inversions, Reading Lead Sheets
Vol. 3 includes the following segments: An Intro, Vamp & Pedal Tones, "New York, New York", No Boring Left Hands, Blues Walk Down , "Imagine,, New Age Music, A Vamp For Latin Tunes, Comping , "Sweet Home Alabama,, "Slipping" Into A Chord , "The Entertainer, A Fun Way To Practice , "Mack The Knife", "Beer Barrel Polka, A Beautiful Ballad Ending
Vol. 4 includes the following segments: Sliding , What Is A Fake Book? , "Your Song, You Are My Sunshine, "It Had To Be You", No Wrong Notes , "Fly Me To The Moon", "Scarborough Fair, Make Basic Chords Interesting , "Don't Know Why, Changing Tempo For The Intro, "Have A Little Faith In Me, "Louie, Louie, "A Thousand Miles", A Barn Burner Ending