Play Piano in a Flash! The Next Step Book
The Next Step Book: Finally, a follow up to the original Play Piano in a Flash book!
Piano Players ...
- Do you feel like an impostor when asked to "fill in" or "fake" music?
- Does the idea of improvisation make you shiver?
- Have you always wanted to play by ear?
- Are you bored with classical music and yearning to play something jazzy?
- Have you read Play Piano in a Flash! and are ready for more?
Piano Teachers ...
- Do you wonder how to guide creative students who tend to "improve" written music to fit their taste?
- Do you have students who want to try out non-traditional musical styles?
- Are you having trouble finding simple and clear jazz educational resources oriented to early-intermediate piano students?
In this book, you will learn how to:
- Read a lead sheet as found in fake books.
- Interpret chord symbols and position them on the piano.
- Play style specific left-hand self-accompaniment patterns.
- Generate right-hand spontaneous melodies that "fit" with left-hand chords or patterns.
- Play introductions, endings and turnarounds to create full arrangements of your favorite songs.
This book uses a fun and creative approach to piano playing. Using everyday language and down-to-earth examples, Scott and Bradley guide you through the more practical side of chords, scales and rhythms.
The best part is that everything is presented in context with one goal in mind-getting you to play better, sound more authentic when playing non-classical styles, and have more fun than you ever thought possible on a piano or keyboard!
You can also purchase this book with the accompanying audio CD in a bundle:
To purchase the book and audio CD set, please click on $$ Saving Sets and select "Next Step Book and Examples Audio CD Set."
- The follow up to the original Play Piano in a Flash book.
- Move forward with a creative style approach to playing piano or keyboard
- Learn to play style specific left-hand self-accompaniment patterns
- Play introductions-endings and turnarounds to create full arrangements of your favorite songs.